Friday, September 5, 2008

DAY 39 - My Dog IN The Lake


This is the lake I told you about yesterday. The one the dogs USED to get loose and run to all the time. Well, today, I was taking out my phone to get more photos and I dropped Finn's leash. So he swam back and forth about FIFTY time chasing the ducks. I kept trying to tell him that the only way a Labrador Retriever would CATCH a duck was if I or someone else SHOT it first, sigh . . . . but he was in heaven and I guess someone up there figured I needed to sit and waste about 30 minutes - maybe there was some wild driver between me and home I was being protected from :) But anyway, Finn was exhausted and I was relieved the leash didn't catch on some of the junk in there so I didn't have to get in :) Happy Friday

5 comments:

Iris said...

Another great photo - and looks like he's totally enjoying himself.

Z-ville said...

What a peaceful little lake, and a totally content dog!

Fashion Schlub said...

what a beautiful spot! I love the low-lying grey clouds seen in the break between those two magnificent trees.

and what fun your dog is having! I love taking Caleb for a swim. he has a blast, and is EXHAUSTED later...and what do I always say??

A TIRED DOG IS A WELL-BEHAVED DOG!

Bettye <- The Dog Shouter

Kat Simpson said...

Bettye, I remembered that phrase for the full 30 minutes he swam. He had that 'I know I was bad' look when he finally got out but he was SO happy. . . . Some people get angry if you let the dogs swim there so it really isn't something I can do often but he sure loved it.

Happy Saturday!

Jai Johnson • JaiArt.Com said...

What a gorgeous photo! And he looks like he's quite content in the lake. :) 50 times...I bet he slept good that night!