Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 8 / 365 - Front yard Step Four



And after you bribe the children to spread the dirt - you hire the men again to deliver two pallets of sod and bribe the children again to roll out, cut and trim the sod. We didn't start this until after 8PM because our two 'heavy lifters' were at football practice but even after working 8 hours and football for 2 hours, they gamely helped mom and Kirk trimmed all around the rocks in the middle. Finally quit at 10 because we couldn't see anymore, LOL. I did about 1/2 hour to finish up in the AM. Then did a stupid thing - filled the roller with water and rolled it across the yard by myself. My back is still recovering! that thing must weigh 500 lbs full of water and the lawn is not flat. THAT is what I should have had the sons doing. BUT, I love the finished result. I'll post some big picture photos later and close ups of my roses which I am so excited to have in my yard again! i had a great, large rose bed in FL but haven't been able to grow any here. Okay, night all and Happy Tuesday the 22nd.

1 comment:

Jai Johnson • JaiArt.Com said...

Oh the yard is looking wonderful! Those kids do good work! :)